KIDS EMBRACE FAQ
Can I use the KidsEmbrace car seat on aircraft?
The KidsEmbrace Friendship Series Combination Harness to Booster Car seat can be used on aircraft when using the 5-point harness system.
The Booster Seat can NOT be used on any aircraft.
- Use this car seat only on forward-facing aircraft seats, along with the 5-point harness and in a position where the lap belt can be tightened securely where the buckle does not lie directly over any part of the frame or under the structure of the KidsEmbrace car seat after tightening.
- Contact the airline prior to your flight so as to ensure that your car seat complies with the airline's specific regulations.
- Take your instruction manual with you to the airport as verifictaion of ECE R44-04 certification and to assist in the correct installation of the car seat .
What are the weight and height requirements for your combination harness to booster car seats?
Our combination car seat is designed for use by children who weigh between 9.97kg and 45.35kg, and measure between 73.6cm and 144.7cm in length. Child MUST be at least one year of age to use this car seat, as it is a forward facing only car seat.
For use with harness: 9.97kg-29.48kg, 73.6-124.4cm
- At minimum, 9.97kg. Child can remain in the harness up to 29.48kg, and 124.4cm in height, however:
For use as belt-positioning booster: 13.6-45.35kg, 96.5-144.7cm
- Child can stay in the harness until 29.48kg, but may begin using the car seat as a belt-positioning booster at 13.6kg.
- At 29.48kg or 124.4cm, your child should discontinue use of the harness system, and the car seat going forward should only be used as a belt-positioning booster.
Child should discontinue use of our combination harness to booster car seat once he reaches either 45.35kg, or 144.7cm, whichever happens first.
I am having difficulty installing my car seat, what should I do?
For guidance on fitting and more view one the following two demonstration videos:
Where can I purchase the KidsEmbrace car seats?
KidsEmbrace car seats can be purchased online or in-store.
Highstreet retail stores: http://www.kidsembrace.co.uk/where-to-buy/retail-stores.php.
We advise that you always call your chosen store in advance and inquire about availability.
Online stores: http://www.kidsembrace.co.uk/where-to-buy/online-stores.php
I was involved in a car accident. Should I replace my KidsEmbrace car seat?
In the event of a moderate to severe automobile incident in which a child’s car seat, whether occupied or unoccupied at the time of the incident, is involved, it is the recommendation of KidsEmbrace that the car seat be replaced immediately, as an automobile accident can cause unseen damage to a car seat.